27-37 Delhi Road Mixed Use DevelopmentNorth Ryde NSW Australia
SJB Planning were engaged to prepare a Development Application (DA) for the construction of a major mixed use commercial/retail/residential development. Located in one of the NSW Government’s Urban Activation Precincts, the site represents a major opportunity to provide high density residential development around key transport infrastructure.
The development comprises 830 residential apartments with basement parking for 869 vehicles, ground level retail premises, gymnasium, child care centre, and a 2,100sqm central public park. The built form is in three (3) towers - 27 storeys, 23 storeys and 13 storeys - centred around the park. The proposal also included the construction of local streets, connections to the surrounding street network, and public art.
- Negotiations with Council;
- Presentation to Council’s Design and Assessment Advisory Panels;
- Modifications to respond to matters raised by the Design Advisory Panel;
- Advice on, and strategy to issues raised by Council and neighbour submissions; and
- Preparation of:
- Numerous Section 4.55 Modification Applications;
- Community Title subdivision DA; and
- Road Dedication Subdivision DA.
Challenges on the project included coordination with neighbouring development being undertaken simultaneously, in particular sharing of road infrastructure; as well as liaison with council regarding ownership of the park, acceptance of additional car parking, and contributions toward road infrastructure.