SJB Architects, Melbourne
SJB is seeking an exceptional Senior Architect to join our team, with demonstrated experience delivering high quality, industry recognised or awarded projects.
The successful candidate will be design focused and have a minimum of 8+ years’ experience delivering high quality larger scale projects through all stages. Experience in mixed-use, multi-residential / hospitality is preferrable. Candidates should be able to demonstrate a strong technical and construction knowledge and the ability to deliver quality design-driven documentation in a team based, collaborative studio environment.
- Work collaboratively with the directors and project team to develop and resolve design intent throughout the project stages.
- Manage projects which are moderately to highly complex in nature.
- Manage the communication with external stakeholders including clients, consultants and direct team members.
- Plan documentation programs, manage team activities and monitor their progress.
- Develop early feasibility/concept work into detailed design.
- Ensure design intent and excellent technical solutions are achieved throughout the project.
- Prepare documentation for all project stages to a high degree of accuracy.
Skills and Experience
- Experience working from concept design to project delivery.
- Strong attention to detail and a passion to deliver outstanding design.
- Excellent Software skills; particularly a high level of Revit proficiency.
- Strong communication and leadership skills and experience liaising with clients and contractors.
- Solid understanding of Australian Standards and Building Codes.
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively.
Benefits and Culture
- Work in a studio that values an open and collaborative way of designing.
- A strong, supportive studio culture with many social events.
- Opportunities for flexible hours and/or workplace.
- Career progression opportunities.
If you are looking for a great studio environment, in a great location, have a passion for well designed, responsive and sustainable architecture, apply for this role by submitting your CV + portfolio as a single PDF attachment (10MB max. file size) to the email address, firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Senior Architect’ in the subject line.