SJB Architects, Melbourne
SJB is seeking design focused, enthusiastic and passionate architects with a minimum of 5+ years’ experience delivering high quality projects to join our team. Experience in mixed-use, multi-residential / hospitality is preferrable. Work as part of a project team or manage smaller projects.
- Work collaboratively with the directors and project team to develop and resolve design intent throughout the project stages.
- Manage complex projects or work within a skilled team under the direction of a project leader.
- Direct SJB teams and liaise with clients, consultants and project stakeholders to ensure all aspects of the project are coordinated.
- Plan documentation programs, manage team activities and monitor their progress.
- Prepare concept and schematic design documentation and understand the town planning process.
- Prepare design development, contract and detail documentation with forward-thinking design solutions.
- Ensure design intent and excellent technical solutions are achieved throughout the project.
Skills and Experience
- Experience working from concept design to project delivery.
- Strong attention to detail and a passion to deliver outstanding design.
- Excellent software skills; a high level of Revit proficiency preferred.
- Strong communication and leadership skills and experience liaising with clients and consultants.
- Solid understanding of Australian Standards and Building Codes.
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively.
Benefits and Culture
- Work in a studio that values an open and collaborative way of designing.
- A strong, supportive studio culture with many social events.
- Opportunities for flexible hours and/or workplace.
- Career progression opportunities.
If you are looking for a great studio environment, in a great location, have a passion for well designed, responsive and sustainable architecture, apply for this role by submitting your CV + portfolio as a single PDF attachment (10MB max. file size) to the email address, email@example.com with ‘Architect’ in the subject line.