We are experienced in a range of disciplines and welcome skilled individuals to join our team, if you are interested in working with us, please email your cv and a cover letter to the relevant office.
Advice for potential SJB employees
Send us your CV and portfolio with a brief covering message via email to the relevant SJB office.
Provide your CV and portfolio as PDF attachments with a total size less than 10MB. Do not send us a link to an online portfolio - these are not always easy to access and cannot be saved within our candidate management system.
Include in your CV
- Contact details: full name, email, mobile phone, current location, e.g. Sydney, NSW
- Availability and preferred location
- Details of current work rights for Australia, e.g. citizen, permanent resident, working visa details
- Education: education institution, degree, graduation year
- Software expertise including the type of software as well as your proficiency level, e.g. Revit - basic
- Employment history: the name of organisation, role, start and finish dates
- Limit to two pages if you can!
Architectural portfolio formatting suggestions
- Include a selection of recent and relevant projects that you have worked on which best demonstrate your capability
- Include images and please make sure drawings, photographs and 3D visualisations are appropriately attributed
- Describe your role in the project, including the stages you worked. You do not need to include a marketing blurb for the project
- Ideally include construction value, location and size
- Include what it is you are looking for in your next role and tell us anything about you that we need to know and won't see in your CV and portfolio.
Senior Architect – Large scale multi-unit residential
We work with Australia's most prominent residential developers and top-tier builders at the cutting edge of innovation and constructability.
We are looking for a self-directed Senior Architect to oversee the delivery of large-scale projects.
In this role you will:
- Manage stakeholders associated with the project – the project team, client, builder and other consultants
- of architectural documentation packages through design development, tender and construction phases
- Program the scope of services and provide regular advice on project performance
- Meet on site regularly with the head contractor to review the built works and report on consistency with design intent
Enter intodiscussion on matters of constructability with key personnel including client representatives.
Relevant experience and interest:
- You will have a sound understanding of and interest in the commerciality of large-scale multi-unit residential projects
- You will be able to demonstrate a track record of managing multiple stakeholders on large and complex projects
- You will be a passionate advocate for design
- You are a skilled mentor and leader of a team
- You must have delivered large-scale multi-unit residential projects (>10 storeys).
Tip: Please make sure you demonstrate your abilities in these areas by articulating the role you played in the projects you include in your portfolio.
If this role is of interest to you, please send your CV and portfolio (less than 10MB) to HR and Operations Manager, SJB Architects (Sydney) via email@example.com. All enquiries will be treated confidentially.
Graduate Interior Designer
SJB Architects, Sydney
We are seeking a recent architectural or interiors graduate with an interest in pursuing a career in design-led architectural interiors.
You will join a dynamic, growing interiors team and work across the wider architectural studio on all project typologies. Typical tasks will include:
- Involvement in all stages of the design process
- Assist with Design development and documentation
- Selecting and scheduling FF&E
- Liaison with suppliers, arranging samples and presentations
- Preparation of client presentations
- Management of resources library.
There are a few things that are 'must-haves', so please respond to these in your application:
- Completed Bachelor degree in Interior Design or Architecture
- Ability to manage own time and work efficiently
- Helpful, 'can do' attitude and willingness to learn
- AutoCAD and Revit (would be great, but not essential)
- InDesign and Photoshop proficiency
We will support you in driving your own career development within SJB. There will be opportunities to work on a broad range of project typologies and scales over time. We offer training, mentoring and ongoing professional development support at all levels.
We are a young, energetic, hardworking, inclusive and social team of 80 working from our Surry Hills studio. This is a full-time permanent role. This role will suit someone who is driven, self-motivated and willing to take on a challenge.
Please note, our preference is always to deal with candidates directly, so we are not seeking candidates put forward by recruitment agencies.
SJB Urban, Sydney
Carve your own career path and help shape Sydney
The SJB Urban team in Sydney is growing. We're offering the opportunity for a graduate to join us to work on significant urban design and masterplanning projects shaping the future of Sydney.
SJB Urban is an autonomous design studio which enjoys all the benefits of being part of a major multidisciplinary design firm.
We offer a variety of work including precinct design, masterplanning, policy development, concept design, research and design competitions.
We value different perspectives and strive to develop innovative new ways of practice. Working on SJB Urban projects you will have the opportunity to push the boundaries of urban design, integrating research and technology to deliver great urban design outcomes.
Must-haves for us include:
- Urban Design or Architectural qualifications and a passion for urban design
- Experience as an urban designer in government or private sector
- Strong written, verbal and graphic communication skills
- Problem-solving mindset and the ability to think creatively, critically and strategically
- Ability to work independently while seeking out info needed to work effectively.
Tips for applying
Please respond to the following in your application:
- Demonstrate your graphic communication skills by including relevant work in your portfolio and let us know what software you have used to create graphics
- Demonstrate your industry experience by articulating the role you have played on key projects in your portfolio
- In your covering email, let us know what you are looking for in your next role and what you think you bring to the table.
Sound like a fit for your career? We'd love to hear from you. Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact HR and Operations Manager, SJB Sydney via LinkedIn.
This opportunity is open to direct candidates only - we are not seeking candidates via recruitment agencies for this role.