SJB shortlisted for the 2017 World Architecture Festival (WAF) and INSIDEJuly 2017
The World Architecture Festival (WAF), the world’s largest and most prestigious architecture awards programme, announced this year’s finalists on Saturday. For the first time, SJB entered in both WAF (architecture) and INSIDE (interiors) with 7 projects shortlisted across a number of categories.
“We are very excited by the opportunity to present our work on such a respected and international platform. It’s a remarkable achievement, not only for SJB but also Australian architecture with just over 10% of local practices shortlisted for Completed Buildings.” Adam Haddow
“This has been a big year for us, and for our design to be recognised internationally feels incredible.” – Kirsten Stanisich
The event will be held in Berlin 15-17 November, with the shortlisted practices going head-to-head in live judging sessions. The winning projects go on to compete for the ultimate accolades, World Building of the Year, Future Project of the Year, Landscape of the Year, and World Interior of the Year.
Our finalist projects are:
- WAF Housing (supported by Grohe) – 41 Birmingham
- WAF House – Cleveland Rooftop
- WAF Landscape – Cleveland and Co. (submitted with Dangar Group and Black Beetle)
- INSIDE Bars and Restaurants – 12-Micron
- INSIDE Bars and Restaurants – The Buena (submitted with Tess Regan Designs)
- INSIDE Creative Reuse – Cleveland and Co.
- INSIDE Residential – Cleveland Rooftop
WAF, in its tenth anniversary this year has received more entries than ever before with a truly international collection of projects including architectural practices from 51 different nations across 68 countries.
For more information: World Architecture Festival